Technical Support Specialist (Tier II)
TaxJar’s remote-only team of nearly 30 people is growing fast. We have an immediate opening on our Technical Success team for someone who is passionate about helping people and working with software.
This role will be great if you are you a junior Rails developer, or a WooCommerce or Magento plugin developer.
On the Technical Success team you will:
- Solve technical problems for customers on a daily basis. Our technical success specialists need to be fast learners and get up to speed quickly on our product and integrations.
- Categorize and quickly respond to customer questions and requests via email
- Face debugging issues not only within our own codebase but also with the many technologies employed by our customers.
- Troubleshoot SmartCalcs API questions, and help customers with WooCommerce plugin and Magento extension questions
- Track all customer requests and trending product issues
- Distill complex issues into underlying causes and work directly with our product development teams to deploy solutions while consistently delivering world-class support.
- Interact with the developers to help identify root causes to bugs and exceptions reported by customers or by our application.
This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the continental US only.
- 1+ years in technical help desk role
- Demonstrate an ability to troubleshoot errors in Ruby and PHP applications
- Experience supporting open source carts like WooCommerce and Magento.
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications
- Experience working with a remote team
- Extremely patient...sales tax can be painful and our goal is to ease that pain :-)
- Help monitor and support 24/7 applications and services
- Approaches success from the customer’s point of view
- Enjoys teaching
- Able to explain complex concepts in easy to understand language
- Interested in understanding the ins-and-outs of sales tax
- Attentive to details, both in communication and in explaining how TaxJar works
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.