Software Engineer (PHP Integrations)
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 10,000 businesses.
Our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of almost 50 people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for a PHP Software Engineer to help build, maintain, and support our popular sales tax integrations for Magento and WooCommerce.
We want you to join our growing platform integrations team to help build out the next generation of our Magento and WooCommerce integrations. The platform integrations team at TaxJar works directly with merchants, agencies, and partners to solve their business problems and devise clever solutions to accommodate the ever-increasing complexity of sales tax. Most of our integrations are built completely in-house to provide the best possible customer experience and unparalleled support. We bring new TaxJar features and improvements directly to eCommerce platforms such as Magento via our API. As our ecosystem rapidly expands, you’ll have the opportunity to learn about many eCommerce platforms and create new integrations from scratch.
*This is a full-time remote position available to folks located in the US.
As a PHP Software Engineer at TaxJar you will
- Build out exciting new features in our Magento extensions and WooCommerce sales tax plugin
- Become a lead maintainer of our repositories on GitHub and solve customer issues
- Write strong, well-tested, scalable PHP code daily
- Improve onboarding and UX for Magento and Woo merchants
- Improve integration performance for high volume stores
- Be challenged to solve new problems
- Review and test your teammates pull requests
- Contribute to and maintain our existing PHPUnit tests
- Learn new eCommerce platforms and assist with development
- Help maintain our PHP sales tax API client with new features
- Assist the customer success team with highly technical issues
- Spend time working the customer success inbox. Our employees, even the CEO, spend time doing this - we’re all in it together.
- Experience with an eCommerce platform such as Magento or WooCommerce
- Ability to write clear and accurate tests using PHPUnit
- Write code that is maintainable, readable, and follows standards / best practices
- Be accountable for the code you deliver to production
- Manage development tasks from assignment through to production
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Passion for building simple and intuitive solutions for complex problems in eCommerce
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy (we’ll actually pay you $500 a year to take time off!)
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.