Sr. Demand Generation Manager
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 10,000 businesses.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of almost 50 people is growing quickly. Our team has an immediate full-time opening for an enthusiastic, highly-experienced, Senior Demand Generation Manager.
Our teams mission
The TaxJar marketing team’s mission is clear: get more eCommerce businesses to experience TaxJar to manage their sales tax reporting, filing and calculations. Our team demonstrates the tremendous value in cost and time-savings in choosing to fully automated solution like TaxJar for their sales tax needs.
The marketing team’s goal is to maximize the number of qualified customers that begin our free trial and ensure the highest percentage of those folks end up as a customers. We work closely every day alongside sales, success, development, and user experience teams in order to deliver on these goals.
The Senior Demand Generation Manager is fanatical about finding and engaging our target audiences, generating qualified sales leads, and ultimately producing revenue opportunities for the TaxJar sales team to close.
As an Sr. Demand Generation Manager at TaxJar you will
- Develop and communicate a strategic plan for growing TaxJar Plus. Own the research, development, implementation, and success of multi-channel lead generation programs in order to meet lead, prospect, and ultimately, revenue goals.
- Define the right tactics for reaching target markets, build a sales pipeline of qualified prospects, develop KPI’s, and measure results of activities on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Be responsible for creating and implementing marketing plans that drive both inbound and outbound demand generation, messaging, and define our market/vertical segmentation.
- Identify trends to nurture prospects and inform content development from data.
- Organize and launch a best-in-class event marketing plan that ties closed won TaxJar Plus event activities back to marketing dollars.
- Bring a creative and open mind to the team and be ready to hit the ground running.
- Assist the sales and design teams in developing campaign-specific content necessary to close business
- Must have a proven track record for driving lead generation and building a qualified pipeline for sales.
- Must be willing to travel and attend in-person trade-shows and live events with customers.
This is a key strategic marketing role and requires a self-starter with strong experience in executing demand generation projects and has a deep understanding of eCommerce business needs. You don't wait for others to tell you what to do—you figure things out on your own. You ask questions. You get clarity. You do what's best for the customer.
- Extensive experience with SEO, SEM, Google AdWords, Facebook (FBX), Doubleclick Bid Manager (DBM), Amazon Media Group (AMG), Quora Ads, etc
- Well-versed in marketing automation tools and analytics platforms (Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot, Drift, Grow, Drip, VWO, Groove, Google Analytics, HotJar, Hootsuite, Woopra)
- Ability to understand how tools connect and how to leverage platforms to get our tools to talk to each other (Segment, Zapier)
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Passion for marketing simple and intuitive products that solve complex problems in eCommerce
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (Basecamp, chat, zoom, email, etc)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Google Docs (Pivot tables, vlookups, etc)
- Strong design capability a bonus (Canva, or Adobe CS).
- This is not an entry level position. You’re an experienced demand generation marketer of 5+ years and are open to experimenting in new and creative ways of attracting potential new customers to try TaxJar.
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy (we’ll actually pay you $500 a year to take time off!)
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.