Tax Filing Specialist
We have an immediate opening for a hungry, highly-experienced, highly-detail-oriented Tax Filing specialist who is fanatical about helping SMB businesses succeed.
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 9,000 businesses. We were founded to help eCommerce owners spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love. We’re passionate about creating simple solutions and leveraging technology to solve complicated sales tax issues. We're not just about sales tax though, we're a technology-driven company focused on providing a great experience for both merchants and developers. We work closely with eCommerce partners like Amazon, Shopify, eBay, Square, Magento and WooCommerce to help eCommerce businesses thrive.
We offer TaxJar Reports, a simple web-based reporting tool that organizes sales tax data into return-ready reports by state, AutoFile, a service that automatically files sales tax returns (this is the team you'd be joining), and SmartCalcs API, a modern, accurate, sales tax API for developers to outsource sales tax rates and calculations.
As a Tax Filing Specialist you will:
- Interface directly with customers to ensure we have the proper credentials to file sales tax returns
- File sales tax returns to states (don’t worry, we’ll train you)
- Work with representatives of states to quickly solve issues related to invalid filings
- Categorize and quickly respond to customer questions and requests via email
- Track all customer requests and trending product issues
- Contribute to clear and simple documentation and support content
- Work closely with our product team to continually make our filing process more efficient
This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the continental US only.
You're the ideal candidate if you
- Have at least 2 years experience working directly with customers
- Approach success from the customer’s point of view
- Are extremely patient...sales tax is painful :-)
- Have impeccible attention to detail
- Have mad written and verbal communication skills
- Think the chance to understand the ins-and-outs of sales tax is interesting!
- Have prior experience handling highly-sensitive data
- BONUS POINTS if you have previously filed sales tax returns for more than 6 months in multiple states
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you're
- A pro at communicating
- Well-experienced working remotely
- Accountable & KPI driven
- Never tired of learning
- Looking for a culture that prioritizes shipping products and going to market quickly
- Confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re all peers here, no egos please)
- Hungry to play an impactful role, and not afraid to go big and potentially fail
- Excited to be part of the company leading innovation in the sales tax space
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of benefits that we offer all employees.
The entire team works remotely from wherever we work best for each team member. For most of us, that's home. For others, that may be a local coffee shop or a summer vacation house. The only requirement is that we're working from a place with WiFi, and we're able to get our work done. We talk all day over Flowdock and each of our teams have separate rooms to discuss what's necessary.
We love being a distributed team, and are looking for new teammates who will thrive in this unique environment.