AutoFile Specialist (Contractor)
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. Our mission is to make ecommerce easier for everyone.
Our Core Values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
We have an immediate opening for a hungry, highly-experienced, highly-detail-oriented Tax Filing specialist who is fanatical about helping SMB businesses succeed.
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 10,000 businesses. We were founded to help eCommerce owners spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love. We’re passionate about creating simple solutions and leveraging technology to solve complicated sales tax issues. We're not just about sales tax though, we're a technology-driven company focused on providing a great experience for both merchants and developers. We work closely with eCommerce partners like Amazon, Shopify, eBay, Square, Magento and WooCommerce to help eCommerce businesses thrive.
We offer TaxJar Reports, a simple web-based reporting tool that organizes sales tax data into return-ready reports by state, AutoFile, a service that automatically files sales tax returns (this is the team you'd be joining), and SmartCalcs API, a modern, accurate, sales tax API for developers to outsource sales tax rates and calculations.
*This is a contract remote position, available to folks located in the continental US only.
As an AutoFile Specialist (Contractor) you will
- File a high volume of sales tax returns to states (don’t worry, we’ll train you)
- Process new signups from customers to use our AutoFile service
- Track all customer requests and trending product issues
- Contribute to clear and simple documentation and support content
- Work closely with our product team to continually make our filing process more efficient
You're the ideal candidate if you
- Approach success from the customer’s point of view
- Are extremely patient...sales tax is painful :-)
- Have impeccible attention to detail
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Think the chance to understand the ins-and-outs of sales tax is interesting!
- Have prior experience handling highly-sensitive data
- BONUS POINTS if you have previously filed sales tax returns for more than 1 year in multiple states
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- 100% remote work
- Flexible full-time or part-time schedule