VP of People Operations
TaxJar’s remote-only team of nearly 30 people is growing fast. We’re looking for a VP of People Operations to make sure that our values and culture remain strong as we continue to grow. We like the way we work and never want to lose it.
As the VP of People Operations, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the successful onboarding of all new hires and the continued learning and development of all team members.
This will be our first People Operations hire and will report directly to our CEO. This is a full-time remote position.
About the Role
- Creating a wonderful candidate experience - everything from creating new job descriptions, screening candidates and refining our hiring process along the way.
- Ensuring all new hires are successfully onboarded and properly set up for long-term success at the company.
- Planning our twice-per-year team retreat. “JarFest” is our only time together in person as a company. It takes a lot of planning and coordinating to make it fun and worthwhile.
- Supporting and enriching our culture. It’s the little things that make working at TaxJar great.
- Keeping the CEO and the rest of the C-level team organized. That doesn’t mean small, mundane tasks like getting coffee (remember we’re remote!). There’s lots of things day-to-day that will add value.
- You have demonstrable experience building culture at rapidly growing organizations.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- Being organized and detail-oriented is firmly in your DNA. Working cross-functionally with dozens of employees across all US time zones is a challenge.
- No task is too small or unimportant; you’ll do whatever it takes to support your teammates
- You can’t imagine working any way other than remotely.
- Technology is your ally. You’re comfortable using collaborative tools like BaseCamp, Trello, Google Docs and Zoom. And you’re not afraid to try new tools whenever necessary.
- Learning is a big part of who you are and it never gets old.
- You value working with talented, friendly people who push you to be your best.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1000 if you refer us to the person we hire.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of benefits and remote perks that we offer all employees.
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax, and is trusted by more than 10,000 businesses. We were founded to help eCommerce owners spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love. We’re profitable and growing quickly in a space with unlimited opportunity.
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.