Technical Success - Integration Specialist
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 9,000 businesses. We were founded to help eCommerce owners spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love. We’re passionate about creating simple solutions and leveraging technology to solve complicated sales tax issues. We're not just about sales tax though, we're a technology-driven company focused on providing a great experience for both merchants and developers."
We offer TaxJar Reports , a simple web-based reporting tool that organizes sales tax data into return-ready reports by state; AutoFile, a service that automatically files sales tax returns; and SmartCalcs API, a modern, accurate, sales tax API for developers to outsource sales tax rates and calculations. For developers, we have created an helpful API demo environment and also are fanatics about creating and maintaining great API documentation.
We have an immediate opening on our Technical Success team for someone who wants to make a difference on a growing, experienced team of entrepreneurs. This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the US.
On the Technical Success team you will:
- Solve technical problems for customers on a daily basis. Our technical success specialists need to be fast learners and get up to speed quickly on our product and integrations.
- Categorize and quickly respond to customer questions and requests via email
- Face debugging issues not only within our own codebase but also with the many technologies employed by our customers.
- Troubleshoot SmartCalcs API questions, and help customers with WooCommerce plugin and Magento extension questions
- Track all customer requests and trending product issues
- Distill complex issues into underlying causes and work directly with our product development teams to deploy solutions while consistently delivering world-class support.
- Interact with the developers to help identify root causes to bugs and exceptions reported by customers or by our application.
- 1+ years experience with WooCommerce, Magento, or other open source shopping carts
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications
- Experience working with a remote team
- Be challenged weekly to solve new problems
- Extremely patient...sales tax can be painful and our goal is to ease that pain :-)
- Work with PHP, Rails, WordPress, Magento, WooCommerce, and more.
- Help monitor and support 24/7 applications and services
- Approaches success from the customer’s point of view
- Enjoys teaching
- Able to explain complex concepts in easy to understand language
- Interested in understanding the ins-and-outs of sales tax
- Attentive to details, both in communication and in explaining how TaxJar works
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.