Director of Corporate Marketing
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. Our mission is to make ecommerce easier for everyone.
Our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 100+ people is growing fast. We’re currently looking for a Director of Corporate Marketing who wants to make a difference on a growing, experienced team of marketers. You will be reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will lead a team focused on building our brand strategy for our next phase of growth. The right candidate is someone who is incredibly organized, experienced, meticulous, trustworthy, communicative and most importantly, a team player.
*This is a full-time remote position based in the US only.
As the Director of Corporate Marketing you will
- Define & oversee implementation of the brand strategy including events, content marketing, speaking engagements and PR
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing and sponsorship programs and its activities, monitor progress, assist in execution and evaluate performance
- Manage overall company brand, working with Creative Brand Manager on asset development and streamlining our creative process
- Collaborate with the Content Marketing Manager to continue to build thought-leadership pieces from TaxJar to position as the leader in sales tax education and support demand generation programs along with content agency partners.
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition.
- Develop and deliver marketing and communications strategies for the wider TaxJar organization alongside the Employee Experience team.
- Continue to shape and build TaxJar as a world-class brand leading our market and ensure our story is positioned thoughtfully throughout all external channels
- Identify opportunities to experiment in order to continuously evolve and improve the team’s impact
- Lead executive communications including speechwriting and talking points, media interviews, internal communications such as team calls and press communication
- Define and guide the day to day activities of the corporate marketing team
- Proven experience managing & scaling B2B Marketing teams with a bias for rapid execution in the SaaS world
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing priorities
- Prior experience overseeing creative and content development teams and coaching individuals in their career paths for growth
- Numerous years of experience building and executing successful programs for brands through PR, partnerships and events
- Demonstrate success leading and growing a high-performing B2B marketing team - having designed, developed, and driven corporate marketing strategy
- Experience in managing people, processes, and tools needed to build a predictable revenue organization
- Solid track record of successfully scaling marketing efforts in a growth-oriented company
- The ability to build strong partnerships both internal and externally
You’ll be a great fit for TaxJar if you
- Very analytical; comfort with data and numbers
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Excellent organizational skills, detail orientation and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess the ability to work cross-functionally
- Driven to spearhead projects and initiatives that may not yet exist
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.