Director of Marketing Operations
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. Our mission is to make ecommerce easier for everyone.
Our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 100 people is growing fast. We’re currently looking for a Director of Marketing Operations who will lead the team to identify ways to improve key marketing operations, processes and workflows to enhance overall organizational efficiency and effectiveness. You will be reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will lead a team focused on building the global brand strategy for our next phase of growth. The right candidate is someone who is incredibly organized, experienced, meticulous, trustworthy, communicative and most importantly, a team player.
*This is a full-time remote position based in the US only.
As the Director of Marketing Operations you will:
- Define the Marketing Operations vision, strategy, systems and analytics
- Drive strategic direction, prioritize initiatives and resources against key performance metrics, and work cross-functionally to operationalize initiatives
- Demonstrate great analytical and financial modeling skills with ability to strategize, prioritize and multitask.
- Coordinate quarterly and monthly executive management deliverables
- Work in partnership with Sales & Sales Operations to identify key projects to improve marketing employee experience and then help build operational plans to execute against these opportunities
- Manage and build the Marketing Operations team to ensure effective relationships with key partners to develop and maintain on-boarding, training and development plans to ensure alignment across teams
- Drive and track adoption of new systems and processes for quarterly and annual strategic planning
- Create common infrastructure and capabilities around reporting and planning to get things done efficiently and effectively
- Rapidly develop and test performance improvement hypotheses; then iterate based on feedback
- Proven experience managing & scaling B2B Marketing teams with a bias for rapid execution in the SaaS world.
- Numerous years of experience building and executing successful programs for brands through PR, partnerships and events
- Ability to understand a wide array of disparate target audiences and their respective motions, focusing on mapping the right messages with the right buyers.
- Demonstrate success leading and growing a high-performing B2B marketing team - having designed, developed, and driven a marketing operations team strategy,
- Experience in managing people, processes, and tools needed to build a predictable revenue organization.
- Solid track record of successfully scaling marketing efforts in a growth-oriented company
- The ability to build strong partnerships both internal and externally
You’ll be a great fit for TaxJar if you
- Very analytical; comfort with data and numbers
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Excellent organizational skills, detail orientation and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess the ability to work cross-functionally
- Driven to spearhead projects and initiatives that may not yet exist
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.