TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 100+ people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for a Security Analyst who wants to help us make eCommerce easier for everyone.
We're looking for a detailed oriented and experienced Security Analyst that has a passion for information security and is eager to make an impact in a growing company.
On our team you will have the opportunity to help build, grow, and maintain our Information Security Program. This position reports to the Director of Information Security.
*This is a full-time remote position available to folks located in the US.
As a Security Analyst for TaxJar you will:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our Security Policies, SOC2 and GDPR controls in order to manage and track commitments from partners and vendors
- Own the Access Control management process for all employees
- Analyze, track, and monitor alerts from our Cloud SIEM (security analytics tool)
- Deploy, manage, and help secure employees workstations using Jamf - MDM tool
- Perform security reviews of vendors to ensure compliance with policies and customer requirements
- Assist with ongoing and annual Security and Privacy Awareness training for employees
- Ongoing auditing and testing of security controls to ensure adherence with SOC2 and GDPR compliance frameworks
- Perform regularly-scheduled vulnerability scans to support regulatory compliance and identification of new vulnerabilities
- Assist with annual risk assessments, incident response, and business continuity planning
- Responsible for monitoring and analyzing of all Data Loss Prevention events using Amazon Macie and CloudTrail
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a technology and information security related role
- Experience supporting SOC2 compliance, GDPR experience is a plus
- Knowledge and expertise of Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools, preferably with Jamf
- Superior attention to detail, with strong process and documentation skills
- Fast learner and someone who is always eager to learn and adapt (growth mindset)
- Self-directed, self-motivated
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.