Social Media & Content Marketing Specialist
We have an immediate opening for a hungry, highly-experienced, data & technology driven Social Media and Content Marketing specialist who wants to make a difference on a growing, experienced team of entrepreneurs & is fanatical about helping SMB businesses succeed.
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 8,000 businesses. We were founded to help eCommerce owners spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love. We’re passionate about creating simple solutions and leveraging technology to solve complicated sales tax issues. We're not just about sales tax though, we're a technology-driven company focused on providing a great experience for both merchants and developers. We work closely with eCommerce partners like Amazon, Shopify, eBay, Square, Magento and WooCommerce to help eCommerce businesses thrive.
We offer TaxJar Reports, a simple web-based reporting tool that organizes sales tax data into return-ready reports by state, AutoFile, a service that automatically files sales tax returns, and SmartCalcs API, a modern, accurate, sales tax API for developers to outsource sales tax rates and calculations.
As a Social Media & Content Marketing Specialist you will:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with eCommerce influencers, industry experts and strategic TaxJar partners
- Research and identify new audiences for TaxJar and market our extensive library of sales tax content
- Take ownership of and grow TaxJar’s existing social media channels; research and suggest new social media opportunities
- Provide first tier social media customer support
- Pitch sales tax content to online publications and media outlets
- Develop content strategies that can scale across the web and social media properties
- Own, manage and grow TaxJar’s affiliate program
- Build and report on Key Performance Indicators, using data to show the successes of your hard work
**This is not a content creation role. Your focus will be driving awareness and distribution of existing content.**
This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the continental US only.
Skills & requirements we're looking for
- 5+ years experience in social media and/or content marketing
- Public relations experience
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Experienced in social media strategy, tactics, tools and trends (with an emphasis on B2B social media)
- Graphic design/visual communication experience a definite plus
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Agile, humble, and a team player with a desire to win
- Passion for eCommerce & helping business owners thrive
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you're
- A pro at communicating
- Well-experienced working remotely
- Accountable & KPI driven
- Never tired of learning
- Looking for a culture that prioritizes shipping products and going to market quickly
- Confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re all peers here, no egos please)
- Hungry to play an impactful role, and not afraid to go big and potentially fail
- Excited to be part of the company leading innovation in the sales tax space
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of benefits that we offer all employees.
The entire team works remotely from wherever we work best for each team member. For most of us, that's home. For others, that may be a local coffee shop or a summer vacation house. The only requirement is that we're working from a place with WiFi, and we're able to get our work done. We talk all day over Flowdock and each of our teams have separate rooms to discuss what's necessary.
We love being a distributed team, and are looking for new teammates who will thrive in this unique environment.