VP of Customer Success
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced, entrepreneurial, creative and analytical Head of Customer Success to join our fast-growing, remote-only team of 60+ people.
We're looking for someone to own TaxJar’s pre-and-post sale customer interaction strategy. This role will have a major impact on an already profitable business that’s growing very quickly in the super-exciting eCommerce compliance space. You will report directly to our CEO.
*This is a full-time remote position available to folks located in the US.
As TaxJar’s Head of Customer Success you will
- Lead and own the remote customer success team and support functions
- Responsible for measuring, assessing and growing the customer support and customer success teams
- Own team vision, process, and goals, and people development
- Define and track customer success and support KPIs and goals
- Analyze relevant data to improve processes, drive innovation, and inform decisions
- Help recruit, develop and manage customer success team
- Refine the customer experience to reflect our mission and values
- Sit on the leadership team, working cross-functionally to build the company and to define and role model working standards, practices, and values
- Create company-wide culture of customer success.
- 8+ years experience (5+ years managing teams of significant size)
- Experience working in SaaS
- Experienced in owning development of scalable resources (building a world-class KB, etc)
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Knowledge of API-based technical support
- Mastery of HelpScout or other similar platforms
- Demonstrated ability to grow and scale a high-performing team to 20+
- Critical thinking skills and is able to draw insight from incomplete data to make final decisions
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable for your work
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.