Junior Plus Account Manager
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. Our mission is to make eCommerce easier for everyone.
Our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 60 people is growing fast. We’re currently looking for a Plus Account Manager who wants to make a difference on a growing, experienced team of entrepreneurs.
TaxJar offers a mid-market/enterprise version of our offering that we call TaxJar Plus. It's the same, great solution we provide to more than 15,000 customers but with additional features and white-glove support that larger merchants need.
We are looking for a someone who is fanatical about helping businesses succeed while working across other functions of the organization to ensure an exceptional customer experience and drive revenue. Ensuring the happiness of our customers is everything to us.
The right candidate will be someone who enjoys speaking with people, has great organizational and communication skills, and is a team player who can work well across marketing, sales, and customer success.
*This is a full-time remote position based in the US only.
As a Junior Plus Account Manager you will
- Maintain and grow revenue from existing customers by focusing on renewals and driving AutoFile adoption.
- Handle billing, renewals & negotiations for Plus customers
- Retain and renew Plus subscriptions as close to 100% as possible
- Up-sell bundle options into the existing Plus customer base
- Develop strategic plans to effectively and efficiently oversee your customers
- Identify & build relationships with key stakeholders within your portfolio; monitor Plus customer health and cultivate a great partnership
- Obtain a deep understanding of customer business challenges - identify & propose solutions which will address their needs
- Consult with and advise strategic TaxJar Plus customers with a goal to drive broader adoption of Plus features, including AutoFile
- Coordinate with internal teams such as Customer Success & Sales, to ensure we’re aligned on strategy and driving the best outcome on behalf of our customers
- 3-5 years’ experience in Account Management
- Experience selling in a consultative manner
- Proven success of identifying opportunities & closing deals within a start-up environment
- Rapid learner with ability to work in a fast paced, high growth environment and be a team player
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications (chat, video, email, etc)
- Proven ability to sell to C-level Executives, negotiate with procurement and cross collaborate within a customer’s organization
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com applications preferred
- BS/BA degree
You’ll be a great fit for TaxJar if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.