TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. Our mission is to make ecommerce easier for everyone.
Our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 60 people is growing fast. Our team has an immediate full-time opening for an enthusiastic and experienced recruiting coordinator who wants to make a difference on a growing, experienced team of entrepreneurs.
You will join our Employee Experience team. Your role will be to help shape the future of TaxJar by working with our Lead Recruiter to assist within the full-lifecycle recruiting process. You will be responsible for attracting top talent, evaluating resumes, scheduling interviews, streamlining our recruiting process and managing administrative paperwork.
The right candidate will be someone who is incredibly organized, meticulous, a team player, and most importantly, has the uncanny ability to recognize high performers in a remote environment.
*This is a full-time remote position based in the US only.
As Recruiting Coordinator at TaxJar you will
- Write and post job descriptions on career websites, and university boards
- Source candidates by using databases and social media
- Evaluate and screen resumes and cover letters
- Use and help implement tests and assignments to assess candidates’ skills
- Provide a shortlist of qualified candidates to Lead Recruiter and hiring managers
- Help the hiring team with recruiting methods and interview questions
- Seamlessly assist in the transition from recruiter handoff to our onboarding specialist
- Maintain a complete and confidential record of interviews and new hires
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in recruiting
- Maintain contact with all emails, LinkedIn messages and external messages from candidates
- Attend and promote TaxJar at events, conferences and careers events as needed
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Remote work experience is preferred
- Creative and problem solver mindset
- Proven work experience as a successful Recruiting Coordinator or Recruiter
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete projects within deadline
- Hands on experience with various selection processes like phone interviews and reference checks
- Familiarity with HR databases, applicant tracking systems and candidate management systems
- Familiarity with social media, especially LinkedIn, WeWorkRemotely and other technical job sites
You will be a great fit for TaxJar if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.