Partner Engineer (Ruby, Python, PHP, Node, C# / .NET, Java)
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar's remote-only team of 60+ people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for a Partner Engineer who wants to help us make eCommerce easier for everyone.
We want you to join our Platform Integrations team to grow adoption of our sales tax API and ecosystem of 3rd party integrations. The Platform Integrations team at TaxJar works directly with merchants, agencies, and partners to solve their business problems and devise clever solutions to accommodate the ever-increasing complexity of sales tax. We empower customers and partners with new TaxJar features and improvements through our API clients and documentation. As our ecosystem rapidly expands, you’ll have the opportunity to learn about many eCommerce platforms and create new integrations from scratch.
*This is a full-time remote position available to folks located in the US.
As a Partner Engineer on the Platform Integrations team at TaxJar you will:
- Improve and maintain our API clients across six different languages (Ruby, Python, PHP, Node, C# / .NET, Java)
- Master the forward-facing features of our sales tax API to provide hands-on support and onboarding for partners
- Review and certify 3rd party integrations built by partners for quality assurance
- Automate and improve our technical certification process for 3rd party integrations
- Help improve our API documentation and guides for building a new TaxJar integration
- Assist the technical success team with highly technical API issues
- Spend time working the customer success inbox. Our employees, even the CEO, spend time doing this - we’re all in it together.
- Previous experience in a technical role working with APIs as an API Engineer, Sales Engineer, Partner Engineer, Developer Evangelist / Advocate, etc
- Write code that is maintainable, readable, and follows standards / best practices
- Be accountable for the code you deliver to production
- Manage development tasks from assignment through to production
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Passion for building simple and intuitive solutions for complex problems in eCommerce
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k plan
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity / 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.